Thursday, July 10, 2008

Recently I traveled home to Virginia for the 4th of July weekend. I got to spend time with family and friends.

Since the members of my family are spread all over Virginia, my time at home is usually spent travelling a lot. The first stop on my trip was Newsomes Virginia, the peanut capital of the world. There I got to hang out with my Grandfather (who is a couple months away from being 90) and my aunts Dee Dee, June and Suzanne.

On the 4th of July in Newsomes we watched the Neighbors (who we nicknamed the Hill People) shoot off fireworks. Soon after they began a thunder storm rolled in with it's own light show, but those hill people still kept shooting off fireworks. We were witnessing an epic battle between the Hill People and God.

God won.

Then on to Charlottesville.


This is Mom, Dad, Grammy and Duncan with me at a Chinese Restaurant we all love called Shang-Hai. Whenever I go home, the main events during the days and evenings are the meals. So my Grammy cooked alot of great food, and we went out to alot of great restarants. Our family has awesome metabolism and for that I am grateful (and a little smug).




It was a very nice time.

Here are some other things I love about going home:





There are no Papa John's or Chic-fil-a's in or near Chicago. So, I took the opportunity to indulge.

Big time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like how, in counter clockwise fashion, our mouths get wider.