Friday, May 4, 2007



This is what this picture is:

I was traveling (walking) down Michigan Ave. to go eat food (lunch) when, all of a sudden, I felt like I was being followed by a Segway. I was. My pace quickened as the Segway moved closer, luckily I got away right in time. (Segway users are notoriously violent people, it's the modern equivalent to a motorcycle gang)

I looked back and realized who this person was. It was some sort of marketing campaign to advertise "Honey Bunches of Oats" to people on the street. She was giving small boxes away for free. Then she came upon a group of workers on strike outside the Congress Hotel. I thought it an odd juxtaposition of corporate propaganda vs. the proletariat. (And BTW, I am super smart, LOL)

They all gratefully accepted the cereal, which made me think of slogans for "Honey Bunches of Oats":

"Now with clusters of righteous indignation!"

"They'll make you revolt!"

"The people who made this cereal were not on strike, like you are"

If you are reading my blog please post a slogan of your own in my comment section! Yay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Louie Saunders, so smart he can use a thesaurus to look up "lower class"!

Anonymous said...

Honey Bunches of Oats--It's the "surreal cereal" of strikers everywhere!