Thursday, June 7, 2007

Lunch Break adventure

Went for a walk at lunch.

I totally felt like I was Al Bundy! Or Balky! (fact: this Chicago fountain was used in the intro to Married With Children and Perfect Strangers)

As I walked by the fountain I heard some pretty funky blues in the distance... Uh Oh!

BLUES FEST!!!


These guys jammed out



So did these guys.

Actual quote:
Lead Singer: "I usually wear a black hat, that's what I'm known for, but it's too windy and it keeps blowin' off my head" He laughs. "If you want to see me in the black hat, type in "music" into myspace and then *band name* and then click on the picture of me. That's the hat."

I think he really wants to be known for the black hat. They were exceptional though. I have a soft spot for the accordion.


Gibson Guitars had an exhibit where you could play their guitars and actually mix it while you play. I grabbed that empty stool and gave it a try.

I might start a band now.



This was some sort of panel discussion by area jazz and blues musicians.

Actual quote:
Audience member: "So how much of blues is technique and how much is raw emotion?"
Panelist: "It's all emotion. Have you listened to blues?"

I wonder who sponsored such a discussion... Oh well, I'm in the mood for a slurpee.

No comments: