Monday, April 23, 2007

North Carolina Fun

I got back yesterday from the IO South Invitational in Raleigh North Carolina and am on a major high. It was an awesome time which included these highlights:

1) Great shows all around. It was a beautiful weekend for Improv.

2) Mom, Dad, Grammy (My Grandmother) and Verna (a friend of my mom) got to see me perform in 2 shows. Both shows were very good and not too "Blue" (offensive). Afterwards I felt really loved and supported. I am so super lucky.

3) Southern Food. North Carolina BBQ, Blackeyed peas, Grits, Biscuits, Country Ham. I miss it so much. People not from there don't appreciate it as much as I do. Plus, I discovered that people take regional BBQ styles way too personally, including me. But NC style is definitely the best, and the first.

4) Beautiful weather, although I heard tell that the weather was just as good up here in Chi-Town. But I betcha the air quality was better down there.

All in all a terrific weekend.

No comments: