Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Random chicago

I woke up this morning to the sound of sleet snow and rain on my window. Walking to work, the sleet hit me in the face so hard it made marks. As this happened the thought kept going through my mind, why do I live here?

This may be more for my own benefit, but here are some random meditations on chicago:

This is a big salad on a trash can at the Harrison Red Line Stop. It looked untouched and delicious, but it was at the Harrison Red Line Stop. Only in Chicago!

If anything is going to revitalize the US Postal Service after the rise of email and fax, it's going to be this (see above). I want to mail things and say "help me Obi-Won Kenobi your my only hope" (because that's the holographic message that Princess Leia records with R2D2).

Other Neat Mailbox suggestions: The Head of Ben Franklin (he invented the postal service), A Panda Bear (they are cute), A Trash Can (it would really mess with people)

Anyways... Only In Chicago!

Ill have more fun meditations later.

1 comment:

matt said...

You should have eaten that salad! Was there a delicious piece of cake or a sampler platter sitting elsewhere on the el platform?