Monday, August 20, 2007

A Tribute To The Reckoning!

So this blog entry is written specifically to those who are not in the Chicago Improv Circle (which measures about 5000 people around). If you ARE in the Circle, giving praise to the Reckoning is like saying "The Beatles are a great band", it's very obvious. However most people in the world are not in the Improv-Know, so this is for them...

The Reckoning!

When I first moved to Chicago I saw a whole lot of Improv, to the point where iO and The Playground were basically my second homes. Which means I saw a lot of great shows and even more terrible shows. That's the thing with Improv, is every team has bad shows every now and then.

However the Reckoning consistently made me laugh and think, and still does. But even more important than that is their ability to surprise. Out of all the Reckoning shows Ive seen, I don't think I could ever call a single show of theirs a "Typical" Reckoning show, because they always explore something totally new, which takes them to very different places every time.

Like this place:



Or This Place


Or This Place:


Heck, maybe even this place:


And while we are there, why not this place:



So anyway, those of you not familiar with the Chicago Improv scene, please do yourself a favor and go see the Reckoning ASAP. Because who knows when they will all get famous and be gone from our lives.

Oh and also:



ANOTHER ONE!

So many witty port-o-potties in this town. Now I'm trying to find some that don't have hilarious names.

You have to love Chicago!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh, the Reckoning. I want to make love with that whole team. Great pics by the way:)

matt said...

I don't think that portable toilet device's name is all that clever. Certainly not as good as some previous gems you've shown.

Chip said...

Louie, we're on the same wavelength about the port-o-cans. I saw a Drop Zone the other day and tried to take a pic with my cell phone cam, but it didn't work. Drop Zone and Leprecan are my two favorites so far. I'm holding out for Turd Box, though.

-Chip